What books should I read for advanced English?
9 great novels to help improve your English
- The Wind in the Willows – Kenneth Grahame.
- Lord of the Flies – William Golding.
- The Old Man and the Sea – Ernest Hemingway.
- Animal Farm – George Orwell.
- Tuesdays with Morrie – Mitch Albom.
- High Fidelity – Nick Hornby.
- The Giver – Lois Lowry.
- Fantastic Mr Fox – Roald Dahl.
How can I improve my advanced English vocabulary?
7 Ways to Improve Your Vocabulary
- Develop a reading habit. Vocabulary building is easiest when you encounter words in context.
- Use the dictionary and thesaurus.
- Play word games.
- Use flashcards.
- Subscribe to “word of the day” feeds.
- Use mnemonics.
- Practice using new words in conversation.
What are the best 6 English vocabulary books to read?
6 English Vocabulary Books 1. “McGraw-Hill Essential ESL Dictionary” 2. English Vocabulary in Use Series 3. “Oxford Picture Dictionary” 4. “504 Absolutely Essential Words” 5. “NTC Vocabulary Builders” 6. “Word Power Made Easy”
What are the best books to read for Advanced English learners?
Reading novels are great, but let’s face it: they can be the hardest to understand and are best for advanced English learners. There are both short stories and novels in English, where a basic level of language is used especially for beginners. Detective and true crime are good for maintaining your interest.
What is the best book to learn English fluently?
If you’re looking to quickly learn the most important words you’ll need to speak English fluently, 504 Absolutely Essential Words by Murray Bromberg, Julius Liebb, and Arthur Traiger is the book for you. The book is divided into 42 lessons, each containing 12 new vocabulary words.
What are some unique vocabulary words used in the novel?
The novel is written in a straight forward style consisting of short sentences that is indeed great for vocabulary building. Some of the unique vocabulary words used in this novel are phosphorescent, benevolent, gaff, fathom etc. Also Read: What are Homophones and Homographs and Why you Should Know Them 4.