Table of Contents
What are some mind blowing facts about food?
10 food facts that will blow your mind
- During 1800s, it was believed that ketchup has medicinal qualities.
- Chicken contains 266 percent more fat than it did 50 years ago.
- The most stolen food in the world is ‘cheese’.
- Peanuts can be used to make dynamite.
- Chocolate was once used as currency.
Did you know facts about food health?
Did You Know: Healthy Food Facts
- Apples are more effective than coffee at waking you up in the morning.
- Bananas aren’t the only fruits with potassium.
- Broccoli contains twice the amount of Vitamin C than and orange.
- Cilantro is good for digestion and also soothes many common ailments such as headache, coughs and nausea.
What are some food fallacies?
Food Fallacies – separating fact from fiction on Organic Food
- Fallacy: Organic food is always safer than conventionally grown food.
- Fallacy: Organic food is more nutritious than conventionally grown food.
- Fallacy: Organic farming is always better for the environment.
Did you know facts about groceries?
Bizarre Facts You Probably Never Knew About Your Groceries
- Your bread is in a brown bag for a reason.
- Jam jars are dented to save money.
- Cereal boxes are made to deceive you.
- 4. Fruits and veggies aren’t as fresh as you think.
- 5. Fruits and veggies don’t weigh as much as you think.
- The ‘Best Before’ date is bogus.
What do you know about foods?
Food is any substance consumed to provide nutritional support for an organism. Food is usually of plant, animal or fungal origin, and contains essential nutrients, such as carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, or minerals.
What is food fallacy?
Food fallacy is wrong opinions about the consumption of certain foods.
What are 100 mind-blowing Food Facts?
100 Mind-Blowing Food Facts 1 Arachibutyrophobiais. 2 Spam. 3 Mushrooms. 4 Pound Cake. 5 Chocolate. 6 Honey. 7 Sweet Potatoes. 8 Carrots. 9 Apples. 10 Bugs.
Are there any food facts you don’t know about food?
And for more facts about food, don’t miss these 33 Food “Facts” You’ve Always Believed But Aren’t True. Everyone’s favorite store-bought salad dressing has a weird ingredient. Ranch, for example, contains titanium dioxide, which is what’s used in sunscreen to give it its bright white color.
How many pounds of food do you eat a year?
In fact, every American eats about 1,996 pounds of food per year. How wild is that? Whether you crave Hershey’s kisses or reach for a plate of carrots, here are 100 fun facts about food that might surprise you.