Table of Contents
- 1 How do you calculate steel for a column?
- 2 How do you calculate steel requirement?
- 3 How do I calculate column steel in Excel?
- 4 What is the cost of 1 ton of Steel?
- 5 What is unit of steel?
- 6 How much steel is required for a 4\% concrete column?
- 7 How much steel required in column RCC structure of 1000 square feet?
How do you calculate steel for a column?
Minimum clear cover to the reinforcement: 15 mm to the bars in slabs, 25 mm to bars in beams and columns….HOW TO CALCULATE THE QUANTITY OF STEEL IN COLUMN (BBS)
|SIDE A||SIDE B|
|A =500 – 2 Side clear cover A = 500 – 2 x clear cover A = 500 – 2 x 40 A = 500 – 80 A = 420 mm||B =400 – 2 x Top & Bottom cover B = 400 – 2 x clear cover B = 400 – 2 x 40 B = 400 – 80 B = 320 mm|
How do you calculate steel requirement?
- Compute total length of longitudinal bars which equal to the column height plus laps for footing multiply number of longitudinal bars.
- Convert that length into kilograms or Tons. This can be done by multiplying cross section area of steel by its total length by density of steel which 7850 kg/m3
How do I calculate column steel in Excel?
Steps to Calculate Steel Quantity
- Enter Length and Width of your slab in ft in Excel Sheet. ( Convert Inches to feet)
- Enter the Thickness of the slab in mm only.
- Enter Main and distribution steel diameter in Excel Sheet.
- Enter Cover Details. (
- Enter Spacing of Main bent bar and Distribution steel bars in mm only.
How do you calculate kg of steel?
- Weight of bar in kg/meter should be calculated as (d2 ÷ 162) where’d’ is the diameter of bar in mm.
- ‘L’ for column main steel in footing should be considered as minimum 30cm/as specified.
- For bent up bar add 0.42d in straight length of bar where’d’ is the clear depth of beam/slab.
What is the price of 1 kg Steel?
Stainless steel grades price comparison
|SS Grade||Price per kg in India (INR)|
|Stainless Steel 304||Rs 180/Kilogram|
|Stainless Steel 304L||Rs 185/Kilogram|
|Stainless Steel 304H||Rs 190/Kilogram|
|Stainless Steel 310/S||Rs 195/Kilogram|
What is the cost of 1 ton of Steel?
The price is now around Rs 44,000 per tonne, according to industry sources. The price of hot rolled coil was Rs 46,000 per tonne in September. This was increased by Rs 800 a tonne in October, they added. Between November 2018 and January 2019, the prices dropped by nearly Rs 7,300 a tonne.
What is unit of steel?
Unit Weights of Steel The unit weight of steel is around 7850 kg/m3 or 7.85 g/cm3 or 490 lbs/ft3 or 13231 lbs/yd3. The steel bars are majorly used as reinforcement to strengthen the tensile property of concrete structures. The steel weight is generally measured in Kg, Ton, and pound.
How much steel is required for a 4\% concrete column?
A column is to build with 4\% concrete volume. So the steel required for that column is = (4/100)x1 x 7850 [ Density of 1m³ steel = 7850 kg] We can follow the following thumb rules for different RCC members.
How much steel required for 1 sq ft area?
How much steel required for 1 sq.feet area:- using M20 grade of concrete in rcc load bearing structure like column, beam, floor and roof slab casting, 1 sq.feet area of house construction, RCC structure require average 3.8kgs of steel.
How to calculate total steel quantity of column?
Estimate total length of stirrup which is equal to stirrup cutting length times number of stirrups. 4. Convert that length into kilograms or Tons. This can be done by multiplying cross section area of steel by its total length by density of steel which 7850 kg/m 3 . Total steel quantity of column equal to the sum of both main and stirrup steels.
How much steel required in column RCC structure of 1000 square feet?
For the construction of residential building of ground floor we have RCC structure like footing, column, beam and slab. Taking one rough design of 1000 square feet house having different dimension of rcc structure like footing, column, beam and slab are following: 1244 Kg of Steel required in column RCC structure of 1000 square feet of house.