Table of Contents
What are 10 basic rules of driving?
- KNOW THE HIGHWAY CODE VERY WELL AND PUT IT INTO PRACTICE.
- CONCENTRATE ALL THE TIME ON YOUR DRIVING TO AVOID ACCIDENTS.
- INTERPRET THE TRAFFIC SITUATION CORRECTLY BEFORE YOU ACT.
- EXERCISE PATIENCE AND ‘HANG BACK’ WHEN NECESSARY.
- DRIVE WITH CARE AND GIVE COURTESY TO OTHER ROAD USERS.
What are the rules for driving a car?
- Never Drink & Drive.
- Always Wear Seat Belt.
- Keep a Safe Distance from the vehicle ahead.
- Always Avoid Distractions.
- Never Break Red Signal.
- Always Drive Within Speed Limit.
- Avoid the Drowsiness While Driving.
- Watch Out For Drivers On the Road.
What are the four rules to remember when driving?
That being said, a few things to remember when driving include:
- Steering wheels are always situated on the left side of the car.
- Always drive on the right side of the road.
- White lines separate lanes of traffic traveling the same direction.
- Yellow lines separate traffic moving in opposing directions.
What is the golden rule of the road?
Rule #1: Conduct a pre-trip inspection. Many a driver has been left stranded because they forgot to make sure their spare is pumped! Rule #2: Everyone in the car must wear their seat belt, whether they are a driver or passenger. Rule #3: The rules on the highway are there to protect you and other road users.
What is the more important while driving?
Switching lanes is among the most important driving manoeuvres. It becomes especially crucial on highways, where most vehicles travel at higher speeds. If you need to change your lane, make sure you give the appropriate signal, keep an eye on the differential in speed, and move only once you’re sure there’s a safe gap.
What are the basic rules before you start driving?
Therefore, you need to keep your eyes and attention focused on the road for every single second. Two most basic rules before you start driving: don’t use a mobile phone while driving, and don’t drink and drive.
How to avoid accidents on city roads?
Once you are in the driver’s seat, be attentive, adjust the mirrors, wear your seatbelt and keep the rules of the road in mind. Avoid distractions while you are driving as city roads are jam packed with potential accidents waiting to happen. Therefore, you need to keep your eyes and attention focused on the road for every single second.
What are the basic driving tips for new drivers?
Top 6 Basic Driving Tips For New Drivers. 1 Know Your Vehicle. Make sure before you drive any vehicle that you are not used to driving that you familiarize yourself with all of the controls. 2 Always Have Maps in Your Vehicle. 3 Safety Kit – A Must for Every Car. 4 Pay Attention to All Road Signs. 5 No Cell Phones While Driving.
What should I do Before I drive a new car?
Make sure before you drive any vehicle that you are not used to driving that you familiarize yourself with all of the controls. Learn where the signal lights are, and check to make sure that all of the lights are working before heading out, especially if you are going to be driving at night.