Table of Contents
- 1 Is reading Shankar IAS environment enough?
- 2 How can I study Shankar IAS environment for UPSC Quora?
- 3 What should we study in environment Shankar IAS?
- 4 How can I study environment for preliminary?
- 5 Which is the best book for Environment and ecology for UPSC?
- 6 Which is the best book to prepare for UPSC exam?
Is reading Shankar IAS environment enough?
Shankar IAS is the ultimate source for Environment portion for UPSC. But, the book is bulky and runs in 350+ pages. Unless notes are made, it becomes very difficult to revise the portion a few days before the exam.
How can I study Shankar IAS environment for UPSC Quora?
- Environmental section contains 15–17 question in UPSC paper . so give utmost importance to it.
- Read the question/answers which are asked in UPSC pre exam for this section. It is given at the start of book .
- Now Cover these chapter as per order given:
- Go through previous year question once.
How can we prepare for Environment in UPSC?
Strategy to Cover Environment & Ecology for UPSC
- One should read newspaper on regular basis.
- Extraction of environment related issues from newspaper.
- Try to form a conceptual knowledge base regarding crucial environment-related news you read.
- Your aim must be to integrate static and dynamic portion.
Which is the latest edition of Shankar IAS environment?
Environment By Shankar (8th) Revised Edition (2021) (Paperback, Shankar IAS academy)
|Book||Environment By Shankar (8th) Revised Edition (2021)|
|Publisher||Shankar IAS academy|
|Number of Pages||488|
What should we study in environment Shankar IAS?
Some of the topics discussed in the book include Ecological Pyramid and Nutrient Cycling, Ecosystem Rainforest, Deciduous Monsoon Forest, Biome, Bread Basket Region, Food Chain, Primary Consumer, Food Web, Ecological Pyramid, Ecological Explosion, Ecotone, Chemosynthesis, Biogeochemical cycle, Miss Semple, Possibilism.
How can I study environment for preliminary?
How do I read the Shankar IAS environment book?
Go through the first half of the booklet at a fast pace. No need to read every word in detail Only read the selected topics from the first half of the book. Like what are the major pollutants. Which are major green house gases. Cover the basics. Strongly. Why water vapor is not a green house gas? Shankar IAS environment material is pretty good.
Which is the best book for IAS environment for CSE?
Shankar IAS environment book for CSE is good source to be referred. But be selective while reading it. Read this book to clear Basic concept . This book is more important for Prelims , as current affairs dominant in Mains.
Which is the best book for Environment and ecology for UPSC?
If you are preparing for UPSC definitely Shankar IAS one of the best book for environment and ecology and it is necessary also. And you can watch courses on Unacademy (The largest educational platform) for environment. Thank you. 8 clever moves when you have $1,000 in the bank.
Which is the best book to prepare for UPSC exam?
Shankar IAS book first gives a list of questions asked by UPSC. Use that as reference. It is very important to be clear about all the conceptual topics. UPSC loves to ask questions from there. E.g. Pyramids of numbers, Pyramids of Energy.